November 26, 2009

A word to the wise.

I am usually a good person.  I do as I am told, follow traffic laws, smile at strangers.  But when it comes to baking, especially holiday baking, I am a menace to society.  Or my kitchen at the very least.  Seriously, me + baking = a disease.  And a big fucking mess.

I went in to make gingerbread, so that I can make what is becoming my holiday signature, pumpkin gingerbread trifle.  Box mix, nothing fancy.  Well, now I have two apple cakes in my oven.  And once again, I didn't have something I needed, so I improvised.  No tube pan?  Welllll.....loaf pans are about the same height right?  Sure, let's use two of them!  At least I have all the ingredients right for once! 

But of course, now my kitchen is covered in sugar, flour, and cinnamon.  Oh yeah, and that egg that got dropped on the tile. And some oil that dribbled on the counter where I got distracted by an inquisitive kitten nose investigating the gingerbread. 

I should step away from the spatula now.  But I can't!  I might keep going!  I have to make pudding!  This was going to be custard, but I might have uh, used all my eggs.  So pudding!  Assuming I don't get murdered when Sean gets home and sees this mess, I will try and remember to post pictures of my hysteria.

No comments: