November 8, 2009

Spray paint, power drill, and 2 cups of coffe

So I have been on the hunt for bed side lamps that I actually want.  Much like many of my quests, I can picture the perfect item in my head.  Problem is, it only exists in my head.  The ones I find aren't the right color, or are too expensive, not the right size, etc.  Why no, I'm not picky, why do you ask?  Anyway, it suddenly hit me the other day.  The ones we have are a good shape, the right size, my main objection was the color. They were boring black.  So, instead of spending $100 on new lamps, I bought a $3 can of spray paint.  They are now "avocado" according to Krylon.  It may not be the most professional paint job ever, but they are going to look so much better! Next up, I want to add some detail to the shade.  Maybe keep it simple with some fabric glue and ribbon. Slowly but surely, I am getting our bedroom (well, the whole house really) to the point that I want it. 

Next up, buy some picture frames.  I might stick with this spray painting theme and
just buy some cheap ones and paint them. I forget sometimes how something so simple as paint can completely change the look of something.

No comments: