October 7, 2010

Baby knitting

So now that I have given it to her, I can share photos of the dress I made Katie's impending baby girl.  I used a pattern named Rana that I found on Rav, and it came out freaking adorable!  The baby cashmerino yarn was great, and super soft.   The pattern was super easy to follow, and it took me about a week/week and a half of knitting. I could whip it out in a couple of days if I needed to. I do (inevitably) have a few quibbles with the patter. First, the sizing. It made no sense. I guessed, and made the smallest size, and I would guess it's at least a 12 mos size. Not a bad thing, but still worth noting.  Also, I thought the back slit was excessively long, and sewing on snaps was a pain and a fucking half. Next time, I might try and join in the round sooner (so as to close the gap), and work in button holes.  Or find snap tape, or something. Because UGH.  But without further ado, here are some crappy cell phone pics. Cause I forgot my camera. Sorry.



Sleeve detail:



I'm also whipping out some hats, bags, dishcloths, and maybe a scarf or two for a craft sale in a couple of weeks at my mom's church, so if you're in the Huntersville area and are curious, come on! I'm sharing a booth with my baby brother who is selling some of his badass chain mail jewelry.

No comments: