August 29, 2009

Busy beaver (bee? whatever)





So this is the before and after picks from the yarn stash reorganization project. I think it looks great! There's no strict system, but I do have it so that I can see everything that I have. One of the drawers has loose needles (I don't have many, I always use my KP Options), and another has scrap balls, which will eventually be used for my Tessellating Fish. I threw away almost one whole plastic bin of swatches, scraps, and tangled messes. Sort of cathartic, wish I could do the same thing with my brain sometimes.

Erica is going to see her sister and her kids this weekend, so I cranked out these guys:


Both patterns are from Knitty. The turtles shell comes off, and there are some different outfits you can make one. I messed up somewhat in assembly (his eyes are in the wrong place, and one leg is crooked) but no one but me really knows, so I guess it's alright. The penguin required learning how to w&t, which not being a sock knitter, I've never really done before, so that was cool.

Now I have to do some serious cranking on Charles' afghan, because it would be best if I could get it to him by next weekend, cause mailing that thing would be a bitch, it's going to be HEH-EH-VY.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Pasha is *so* fun I think. I've made 3 or something :)